Wednesday, November 10, 2010

End of day three.

How did we do?

This morning went so much better!
Up at 7:00 (Oooo, I sure like me some 7:00)
Kort got up at 7:00 too.
We turned on some reruns of America's Funniest Videos, snuggled in my bed, and Kort asked if Tennyson could watch too.  This is what happened next.
 Photobucket

It was sort of awesome. AND with Kort babysitting his little bro, I was dressed and ready with make up and hair done by 7:20. I made breakfast(eggs), cleaned up the kitchen, and got Kort out the door. My back has been k.i.l.l.i.n.g. lately, so a the hubs took me out for the day. Chiropractor, Costco, and even a little Olive Garden (woo-hoo!). I haven't seen the light of day for weeks! (And let's be honest... I didn't really see the light of day today either - it was overcast, and FREEZING! Boo, Utah...)

When we got home, I put away the haul from Costco, helped Kort clean his room, and even managed to start dinner by 4:00. (Chicken drumsticks that I pan fry and then leave in the oven to slow bake for 2 hours, and asparagus - sauteed right before we eat.) One thing I loved about starting dinner at 4:00, was that it enabled me to clean up after myself and have a clean kitchen to start with at 6:00 when it was actually time to get dinner on the table. This is why crock pots are also awesome, and why I need about 30 more crock pot recipes that actually taste good! (Right now I have about four.)

My favorite parts of today?
1. Not having to take my make up and do it in the car, because, when it came time to head out, I WAS ALREADY READY!
2. Listening to my delicious 7 year old and a hilarious neighbor boy rake and jump into piles of leaves in our backyard. This doesn't directly have anything to do with my goals... but I sure love being his mom. (Wait, maybe that has EVERYTHING to do with my goals - huh?)
3. Coming home from a day of running errands to find a reasonably clean home waiting for me. (Oh, and there was also the little 30 minute cat nap I squeezed in before Kort got home from school. I sort of loved that too.)

How did you do?

3 comments:

Jen said...

Glad yesterday was better! Today is going SO MUCH better than yesterday! I got a solid 8 hours of sleep! (can't remember the last time that happened!!)
I'm showered, dressed and ready for the day! Yay! I have lots of errands so we'll see how much I get done today!

Ashley said...

I would SOOOOOO be on board with incorporating these goals into my life, BUT I'm 9 months pregnant. I don't feel the least bit guilty about lounging around in my sweats all day... and I'm gonna give myself about 3 months after the baby is born to countinue lounging around ;) Maybe I'll join you in a few months... but for now I'm having fun watching YOU achieve your goals! You go girl!

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

I hope you don't mind me commenting. I love reading both your blogs. Your kids are so cute. I LOVE crock pots. I thought since it seems like you do too I would give you a couple of my favorite meals from it.

Terryaki chicken
1 C water
1 C terryaki sauce
1 C sugar
green onions chopped (as little or as much as you would like)
2 gloves garlic
4 pieces of chicken
Cook on low for about 5 hours.

Crock pot lasagna
12 lasagna noodles
1/4 C water
Beef browned with 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning mixed in.
Jar of Sphagetti sauce.
Mozzo cheese
Cottage cheese
Layer starting with noodles and the reset of my stuff in that order a few times and cook on low 4 hours.

(sorry about the misspellings I have a little on on my lap.)