Wednesday, November 17, 2010

End of day eight.

Up and dressed for the day? Check.
Hair and makeup? Hair-yes, Makeup-no.
Scriptures? Check.
Sink shiny? Check.
Broken Window repaired? Check (Dining Room Table - yikes!)

Photobucket

Monday was really hectic for me, so Family Home Evening didn't happen. I am hoping that from here on out, I will be "on it" every Monday (or let's be reasonable - MOST Mondays). But, in the event that I let a Monday slip by, I am not going to let that stop me from having such an important event at least once a week. That is why tonight (Wednesday) ended up being family night. It went so great! I took Julie's idea of having a lesson on prayer and then painting prayer rocks for our activity and it was a total hit! (Thanks Julie) I highly recommend it for anyone who's looking for a good one!

Photobucket

I found a great lesson plan on prayer here, the lesson title was "Are you saying or praying?" I thought that was cute. It also included a link to a GREAT story titled "The Lord Sent Me a Shepherd." I also found a fun "Prayer Rock" poem online. I changed it a little bit because I can't stand when things don't rhyme AND have a rhythmic syllable count, so here is my version:

I’m your little prayer rock and this is what I’ll do
Just put me on your pillow until the day is through.
At night, turn back the covers, and climb into your bed
And whack! Your little prayer rock will hit you on the head.
Then you will remember, now that the day is through,
To kneel and say your prayers as you’re supposed to do.
When your prayers are finished, just drop me on the floor.
And there I’ll stay all through the night to give you help once more.
When you get up next morning, Ouch! I’ll stub your toe,
So you can remember to pray before you go.
Put me back upon your pillow when your bed is made
And your little prayer rock will continue in your aid
Because your Heavenly Father cares and loves you so.
He wants you to remember to talk to him, you know.

Photobucket

Kort had an amazing time, and while taking his tub later that night he asked "Mom, can we having family home evening EVERY night?" That just melted me. I was so happy that he loved it. It sounds silly, but this really is very new to me and it is so fulfilling. There is a different feeling in our home and I feel like our relationships are deepening and growing stronger with every sit-down dinner and well-planned family activity we have. It's pretty amazing, and my heart is full. I love being a mom. Especially a mom who does "cool stuff" with her kids. (Yay!)  

Photobucket
{After Kort painted his rock, he painted this picture of a Spinx - I loved it.}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so inspired by you guys having this awesome family night! What a great lesson (and not to mention that I'm totally in awe of you having a shiny sink, getting dressed in the morning etc) :-) And thanks so much for your kind comment on my interview - it totally made my day!