Thursday, November 11, 2010

End of day four.

How did I do?
Um...

Did I get ready first thing?
Nope.

Did I get ready eventually?
Yep.

Did I get "all the way" ready?
Nope. The makeup didn't happen, but I did comb my hair and get dressed "head to shoes."

(In my defense, I got no sleep last night and woke up nauseous and exhausted with a sore throat to top all off.)

Was I pleasant and lovely to be around?
Not so much.

Did I let my 7 year old (who came in and woke me up at 5:30 a.m.) take an entire bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos into his room and eat as many as he wanted as long as he promised to leave me alone and let me sleep while the baby sleeps?
Why, yes. Yes I did.

When the hubs made the grave mistake of questioning the parental wisdom of that decision, (the one which I am now calling Dorito-Gate-two-thousand-and-ten) did I scream something along the lines of :

"I'd like to see YOU get 3 to 6 hours of broken up sleep for 3 stinkin' months straight and then wake up with a sore throat and feeling like you're going to throw up and NOT choose to 'pick your battles' with your seven year old at five freaking thirty a.m.!" ?

Um, yeah. That would be me. (I'm not proud of it.)

Then, before the hubs could say a word, did I flip the switch on the vacuum cleaner and angry-vacuum the entire house?
Sure did.

Let's just say it was a rough day, but it got better. (Poor hubs! It must be terrifying to live in crazyville round the clock.)

For those of you who are worried, we made up right after the angry vacuuming. He was sorry for being insensitive, I was sorry for being nuttier than a squirrel turd, and we were over it.

On a completely different note:
My sink is very shiny! The Fly Lady was right... It DID feel like a big, warm hug first thing in the morning. (AFTER DoritoGate2010, that is.) It is such a small simple step, but it sets off such a fantastic chain reaction. (Like Jen said in the comments - Clean sink, clean counter, clean floors.... it just goes on and on like the most delightful little puddle ripple you've ever encountered!) It's like crack. Crack AND magic! Now, I want it shiny all. the. time. I don't let any dishes stay in there and mess it up. Not when it has the potential to look so darn pretty all the time! I even like it. Every time I wipe it out, I like it. I even smile, and then I spritz it with bleach when I'm done because I love the smell of bleach, and it feels sorta like I'm treating my sink to a luxury spritz of something from a Nordstrom cosmetics counter...

Moving on... (I'm not going to pretend that that didn't get a little weird there at the end.)

Now I'm going to sleep.
Pray for me.
Pray for sleep.
(I don't mean to be greedy or anything, but more than 4 hours would be nice... I'm just puttin' it out there.)

3 comments:

paige said...

I found you on communal global and you, ma'am, are HILARIOUS. Please say I can steal "nuttier than a squirrel turd." PLEASE.

Jen said...

poop! Seriously my day on Wednesday! UGH! No sleep = nuttier than a squirrel turd!

I rallied and yesterday was a good day! Last night was another rough night (teething? maybe?) but so far today is going OK. Hopefully the baby naps soon!

So far this week I've made dinner every night (from scratch!), kept up on the laundry, vacuumed every day, kept the bathroom counter cleaned and wiped down and made the bed! Wait... I don't think I made it today. Let me hurry and do that.
OK. It's made :)
Good luck today!! You can do it!!!

Janet said...

I love love love this blog! I have a 3 month old little girl and I totally get the no sleep=crazyville thing. I started getting dressed again (because of this blog) and my kids and husband thank you.