Saturday, January 1, 2011

Now that's what I call a gingerbread house.

 
So, My cute sis-in-laws and I decided to take a little initiative this year and plan fun activities for the kiddos each day leading up to Christmas. We were staying in my parent's new cabin house and knew that the kids would get a little stir crazy if they didn't have the proper outlets for all of that energy. It went off like gangbusters and we had a lot of fun.

But, the problem? We sort of... over-scheduled, and gingerbread houses didn't end up making it into the rotation. And, um, I bought like, a TON of candy for them! Now, the Christmas Season is over and gone, and here, in the light of the sparkly-shiny New Year, gingerbread houses are just sort of feeling "so last week." {Like, ya know?}

So, I think I have decided to shelf the idea until next Christmas and use all of that candy for a Valentine's Day cookie decorating party instead. {Fortunately, I bought a lot of rainbow colored candy rather than traditional red and green, so everything should be able to make a holiday shift-a-roo just fine!}And yes, I think I am addicted to cookie parties...in case you were wondering.

However, the REASON I AM POSTING ANY OF THIS is to tell you that my friend Emily {brilliant and creative mother of FOUR boys}had a way better idea for gingerbread houses that I am so doing next year! You can go here to read all about it. I can so relate to what she said about wanting to control everything and make it perfect, and honestly, in WHAT way is controlled perfection fun for rambunctious little boys? Luckily, Em is innovative and always looking for a great activity for her boys, and thanks to a HOMEWORK project sent home with her oldest son,  she came up with the perfect solution for everyone.

1 comment:

Josh and Emily said...

Thanks for posting this on your blog. You are so sweet. Missing you and I WILL be seeing you soon :)