Thursday, January 20, 2011

fantastic play dough recipe

Photobucket
So, I tried{like, really hard}to find a GREAT play-dough recipe that did not call for Cream of Tartar {because I didn't have any on hand and I did NOT want to go to the store...} and while I found some that are "meh, okay" this one {which, unfortunately calls for Cream of Tartar} is fantastic!!!

1 cup white flour
1/4 cup of salt
2 tsps cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 tbsp oil
food colouring

Mix flour, salt, and cream of tartar in a medium pot. Add water, oil and food colouring. Cook and stir over medium heat. When mixture forms a ball in the pot, turn out, knead, and play!

9 comments:

Life with Kaishon said...

When I was a kindergarten teacher I made peanut butter play dough for my kids and they just about died of happiness : )
YUM!

The Meyer Family said...

I saw one on studio 5 last week (?) that uses Jello for color and SMELL!!! I'm dying to try that one with Joshy. Yours looks pretty. Such a fun mom.

Housewife on Fire said...

Jello?
Yum!
I've also heard of using Kool-aide for a yummy smell!

I'll have to do another test kitchen and figure out the best way to go about it.

I also MUST get that peanut butter play-doh recipe! That would be amazing!

April said...

Way cool! My 2 year old could play with play-doh for HOURS! I bought her some Moon Dough for Christmas thinking it would be a good investment since it can't dry out, but it flakes all over which makes an even bigger mess. I'm definitely going to give this a try! Surprisingly, I think I actually have Cream of Tartar in the cupboard too!

Tonia said...

I'm so going to try this soon!! My kids all love play dough.

Josh and Emily said...

You are a total overachiever. I feel like a champ when I make ONE batch of playdough. I am tired thinking of making four. You are awesome and inspiring.

gina @ Birth Mother Baskets said...

can't wait to try this... LOVE the new blog btw

paulandjenthatcher said...

loved it! And you inspired me to make it with vibrant colors, which I didn't know homemade play dough could have!

I love your blog! And I think I may know you! Do I look familiar? Were you in Bishop Bartholomew's ward?

the Lola Letters said...

Hi Jen!

I can't see you cause your blog is private, but your name is SUPER familiar! Yes I was in Bishop Bartholomew's ward - LOVED it :)

Email me and we can chat!

ldugovic@yahoo.com