Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Bucket List: popcorn & a movie

Photobucket
I think this was, hands down, my most favorite “bucket list” item this year. 

Instead of popping popcorn {the smell of which gives the hubs a headache} we had some “movie style” treats like big boxes of Milk Duds and Hot Tamales.

To make it extra special, we pulled out the couch bed in the living room {Kort’s favorite} and sat together as a whole family {dogs included}.

I can’t even tell you how great this was. The nostalgia of it all was palpable. Do you remember the first time you watched “How the Grinch Stole Christmas?” {And no, not the Jim Carey version, but the charming , hilarious, 25 minute cartoon one?}

Oh. So great.

I actually laughed out loud a couple of times as the film played, and I have to say, I have been doing A LOT of running around this month. I’ve gone to parties, I’ve hosted parties, I’ve made Christmas crafts, I’ve talked about Christmas crafts on TV., I’ve attended Christmas concerts, the list goes on and on and on and on, and I can safely say that {without question} this night together felt the most like Christmas.

Bar none.

I felt all warm and toasty inside as I layed on the couch hide-a-bed {I don't know why, but it totally makes Kort's DAY when we get out the hide-a-bed!} and looked around the living room at "my life." 

*The same Christmas tree that the hubs and I bought as newly weds for our first Christmas {Walmart: $19.99}. Completely over decorated and glowing with hundreds of tiny white lights.
*Ornaments that represent 10 years of collecting, and family growth. {I still cannot believe I have ornaments from my child's preschool, kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade years. There is no way I have a 2nd grader...just no.way.} I love our tree...

* a {needy, mama's boy of a} golden retriever sleeping on my legs, a squealy, grunty, long-awaited 4 month old bouncing in my lap, the Kortmeister's head resting on my shoulder as he stuffs ridiculous amounts of Milk Duds into his mouth and smiles with oozey, chocolately glee as the grinch's little dog sends all of us into stitches...

* A hubs who I love more now than I ever thought possible...even on the day we were married.

Ah, yes. THIS is Christmas. Christmas is here.

No comments: